Monday, January 28, 2013

ReStore Score!

I have been drooling over gothic / medieval light fixtures for a while now.  I've really been wanting a new porch light to replace the contemporary styled one I installed on the house when I purchased it.  This past Friday, I visited the ReStore closest to me to see what I could find.  Imagine my delight when I saw this on the shelf!


The style is exactly what I have been looking for!  It is heavy, I believe that it is cast aluminum.  The glass shade is yellowed seed glass.  It is marked "Thomas Industries" on the back.  After a little research, I believe this to be the company that manufactured the well known "Moe" lights.  Too bad this one isn't marked Moe.


Anyway, the light needs to be cleaned up and given a fresh coat of paint since the original has worn off in a few places.

Unfortunately, the flush to the wall mounting style will not work with the siding on my house, and the vinyl mounting box.  So, I'm going to mount it to a decorative piece of wood and create a sconce that I can hang on the wall in my bedroom.

Compared to the prices I've seen for fixtures that I like online, I don't think the $15 asking price was too bad!

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. That's a very interesting light fixture. Wonder if it was from a church or a house. I occasionally see gothic-style light fixtures on homes around my town, but there aren't many. It's a nice change from the colonial look.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.